RE: New device on Netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: New device on Netview
From: "Les Dickert" <lesdickert@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 17:03:00
I get things discovered in the wee hours
of the night too.  I don't know, but it
wouldn't surprise me to find that NetView
gauges how much (if any) discovery to do
depending on the speed of status ping responses.
That is, if they are slow, don't do discovery cause
things are busy.  If they are fast (during the
night), do discovery cause things are
idle.

Les Dickert
Verisign Consulting