Re: WAN Polling and Node Down events

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: WAN Polling and Node Down events
From: "James Shanks" <SHANKS@us.tivoli.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 10:07:12 -0400
Use xnmsnmpconf to alter the polling for the devices which are affected

James Shanks
Level 3 Support
Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Please note that my new id is jshanks@us.ibm.com

"Scott ." <pepsiasg@hotmail.com>@tkg.com on 08/31/2001 09:58:30 AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com

To:   nv-l@tkg.com
cc:
Subject:  [NV-L] WAN Polling and Node Down events

AIX 4.3 NetView 6.0.2

NetView is polling every 5 minutes and I am getting Node Down traps for
nodes that never really go down. It appears as though NetView doesn't reach
the nodes at the far WAN links for whatever reason on the 1st polling cycle
and reports the Node Down trap and then on the next 5 minute polling cycle
it is able to reach the node and gives the Node Up trap. I am getting
flooded with TEC alerts due to this issue, and it always seems to be for
the
far away networks. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Scott Bursik
Pepsico