WAN Polling and Node Down events

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: WAN Polling and Node Down events
From: "Scott ." <pepsiasg@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 08:58:30 -0500
AIX 4.3 NetView 6.0.2

NetView is polling every 5 minutes and I am getting Node Down traps for
nodes that never really go down. It appears as though NetView doesn't reach
the nodes at the far WAN links for whatever reason on the 1st polling cycle
and reports the Node Down trap and then on the next 5 minute polling cycle
it is able to reach the node and gives the Node Up trap. I am getting
flooded with TEC alerts due to this issue, and it always seems to be for the
far away networks. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Scott Bursik
Pepsico