No Subject

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: No Subject
From: "Jesus Corral Arroyo" <jesus_corral_arroyo@es.ibm.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 20:49:35 +0200
Hi all,
  I am trying to do the integration between TEC 3.7 and NetView 6.02 for
  NT. I have TEC in one machine and NetView, with Framework 3.7 is
  installed in other machine. I have done the integration but the
  tecad_nv6k daemon dies i don´t know why.
  Perhaps somebody can send me a small How to do the integration to check
  if i have done the right steps. Anyway here is what i have done:

  -  First of all i decided to install TEC Adapter TME version because i
  have Framework installed in the NetView Server.
  -  Then i copied it this way: copy tecad_nv6k_tme.exe tecad_nv6k.exe
  -  Then registered with NetView by entering this command: ovaddobj
  \usr\ov\lrf\tecad_nv6k.lrf
  -  Then edited the \usr\ov\conf\tecad_nv6k.conf file to identify in it
  the event server to be used. Here i wrote
  ServerLocation=Name_of_the_TEC_server@EventServer. (Here i found some
  differences between what you can read in the NetView 6.0 for NT Users
  Guide and the format you can see in the file tecad_nv6k.conf. Perhaps
  here is my problem). In this file I configured the events i wanted to
  forward to the TEC:
  ·  NV_Service_Down
  ·  OV_Bad_Subnet_Mask
  ·  OV_DataCollect_Rearm
  ·  OV_DataCollect_Thresh
  ·  OV_Error
  ·  OV_Fatal_Error
  ·  OV_Forw_Status_Change
  ·  OV_IF_Down
  ·  OV_Network_Critical
  ·  OV_Node_Down
  ·  OV_Node_Marginal

  -  I customize  the TEC to understand NetView events.

  Copy the following files in the \usr\ov\conf directory to the
  system running the TEC:
  ¦ tecad_snmp.baroc
  ¦ tecad_nv6k.baroc
  ¦ tecad_ov.baroc
  ¦ ov_default.rls

  - As i have a rulebase i just import the event classes into the rule base
  you will be using.
  Enter the following sequence of commands:
  wimprbclass tecad_snmp.baroc My_rb
  wimprbclass tecad_ov.baroc My_rb
  wimprbclass tecad_nv6k.baroc My_rb

  Then import the rules into my rulebase and compile the rule.

  -  I do not want to to filter traps by Smartset so i did not modify the
  file \usr\ov\conf\tecSmartsetFilter.conf.
  - I added the relative $BINDIR\bin path to the NT system
  environment, running:
  winnt\system32\drivers\etc\Tivoli\setup_env
  Then enter the following commands:
  bash
  echo $BINDIR
  Set the path in the System dialog from the Control Panel.
  -  Restart the machine.
  -  On the TMR server, create an administrator with the Label,
  User Login Name, and Group Name of NetView (assuming
  NetView is the name of the account the user logs in under).
  Edit logins to include:
  NetView@hostname_of_machine_running_Netview_Server
  Set the Resource Roles for Event Server to have User privileges.
  -  At least, I start the event adapter: ovstart tecad_nv6k

  This is the way you have to do things if you read the NetView 6.0 for NT
  Users Guide. After completing these steps no traps were forwarded to the
  TEC. If you run the wtdumprl you can see there is no NetView events too.

  I found a script to make the adaper configuration but the result was just
  the same: The adapter dies and, when it is up, traps are not forwarded to
  the TEC.