Re: Listing IP Addresses in a Collection

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Listing IP Addresses in a Collection
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 11:08:03 -0400
The nvUtil command will only list the Selection Name of the members
of a Smartset. If you have resolved the names, or are dealing with
routers, this is not going to get you what you want.

There is a pretty good way to do this using nvdbformat, but the ability
is not well documented. First understand that IP Address is not
a field on nodes. It is only a field on interfaces. The trick is that
the SELECTFIELD operands in nvdbformat control files allow you
to reference the parent of the object. So for instance:

SELECTRULE:SmartSet=ProblemInterfaces
SELECTFIELD:1:Selection Name
SELECTFIELD:2:IP Address
SELECTFIELD:3:TopM Node ID:IP Hostname
SELECTFIELD:4:TopM Node ID:SNMPAgent
#
GROUPBY:1:TopM Node ID:SNMPAgent
SORTBY:1:TopM Node ID:Selection Name
#
HEADER:
HEADER:Node         Interface      IP Address
HEADER:
#
GROUPHEADER:
GROUPHEADER:Device Type: ${GROUPNAME} Interfaces Down: ${NUMMATCH}
GROUPHEADER:
OUTPUT:${3}    ${1} ${2} ${4}
FOOTER:
FOOTER:
FOOTER:  Total Down Interfaces: ${NUMMATCH}

This will generate a a report with one record per interface, grouped by
SNMP Agent,
and sorted by the Selection Name of the parent node. The 'TopM Node ID'
refers to the parent node of the object in the SELECTRULE. The first two
SELECTFIELD records refer to fields on the interface object. The last two
refer to fields on the parent node.

So you might try SELECTRULE:isInterface=TRUE.

Find out more about the control files for nvdbformat (and nvdbimport) from
their man pages, and from the samples delivered in /usr/OV/conf/nvdbtools.

Detroit

                    jarcila@bancolom

                    bia.com.co             To:     "IBM NetView Discussion"
<nv-l@tkg.com>
                    Sent by:               cc:

                    owner-nv-l@tkg.c       Subject:     [NV-L] Listing IP
Addresses in a
                    om                      Collection

                    08/30/01 09:11

                    AM

                    Please respond

                    to IBM NetView

                    Discussion

Good morning

I´m interested to know if any of  you know any way to see the entire list
of Ip addresses of a group of objects, for example I want  to know all the
IP addresses (each interface) of all the routers in a collection.

How can I do that ??. I will be very grateful if any of you can help me.

Best Regards