NetView Security

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NetView Security
From: "Westphal, Raymond" <RWestphal@erac.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 08:58:47 -0500
Hello Everyone.

NetView for UNIX 6.0.2 on AIX 4.3.3.4

We have been using NetView security for quite awhile. The primary reason is
to stop users from altering options from the GUI. Our users hardly ever use
the command line. As an administrator - I let a user manage the R/W map but
I take care of server setup, xnmsnmpconf and other admin. issues from my map
or the command line.

Is it possible to remove the security restriction for command-line
executables (OVWCmds)? In other words, I'd like to remove the requirement to
logon (nvauth -login ...) to use the OVWCmds.  Yes, I know I can use the
vfy_access utility to check permissions.

Thanks in advance.

Ray Westphal
Enterprise Rent-A-Car