Re: Integration between Netview and TEC

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Integration between Netview and TEC
From: "James Shanks" <SHANKS@us.tivoli.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 21:34:49 -0400
As far as I know this problem is unique to you.
You can check the /etc/Tivoli/tec/cache file and see if events are being
stored there.
You can also issue "nvcdebug -d all" and check the /usr/OV/log/nvcorrd.alog
and .blog to see what happens when these events are processed.   Since you
didn't say anything about the rule you are using, you might want to see
what that does.  Are you doing something like a smartset query, which will
fail if membership in the smartset changes or if the nvcold daemon is not
running?

My advice is to call Support, but they will probably insist that you
install 5.1.3, sooner or later, because it is very hard to assist someone
when they are back-level.  That is something you should think about anyway,
because Version 5.1 NetView goes out of support everywhere in the world on
January 2, 2002.  So you have about 4 months left.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support
Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Please note that my new id is jshanks@us.ibm.com