Re: Smartset based on nodename?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Smartset based on nodename?
From: "Oliver Bruchhaeuser" <oliver.bruchhaeuser@de.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 08:43:30 +0200
Scott,

try:

nvUtil a "DomainController" "" "('IP Hostname' ~ '
^US[0-9][0-9][0-9]D[0-9][0-9]')
nvUtil a "ApplicationServer" "" "('IP Hostname' ~ '
^US[0-9][0-9][0-9]A[0-9][0-9]')

Kind regards
Oliver Bruchhaeuser

                    "Scott ."

                    <pepsiasg@hotm       To:     nv-l@tkg.com

                    ail.com>             cc:

                    Sent by:             Subject:     [NV-L] Smartset based on
nodename?
                    owner-nv-l@tkg

                    .com

                    10.09.2001

                    19:24

                    Please respond

                    to IBM NetView

                    Discussion

AIX 4.3 NetView 6.0.1

I want to be able to create a Smartset based on a node name standard. Since
boolean logic is used in the Smartset creation, I am note sure if I can do
this, and if I can...how?

The naming standard we use is USxxxDxx
                              USxxxAxx

Note: The x indicates a numeric value

The "D" indicating a domain controller and a "A" indicating an application
server. There are more but I am using these as an example.

Thanks,

Scott