Re: Deleting objects from database.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Deleting objects from database.
From: "Oliver Bruchhaeuser" <oliver.bruchhaeuser@de.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 17:33:50 +0200
Hi,

if you really only have ONE map (check this with "mapadmin -l", try
ovstop netmon
ovmapcount -a
ovtopofix -A

Kind regards
Oliver Bruchhaeuser

                    "Enriquez

                    Bolio,C-Raul,MEXICO,I       To:     "'Netview List'"
<nv-l@tkg.com>
                    NFO"                        cc:

                    <C-Raul.Enriquez@mx.n       Subject:     [NV-L] Deleting
objects from database.
                    estle.com>

                    Sent by:

                    owner-nv-l@tkg.com

                    12.09.2001 17:03

                    Please respond to IBM

                    NetView Discussion

Hello list

I'm having problems for deleting objects from the NV database, the object
has been deleted from the map, because when I use the Locate option,  it
doesn't find it, but if I make an ovtopodump serching the object, it is
still in the database.
I have executed several times the ovtopofix command, with the parameters
-A,
-U, -a, blank and the result is that it is still in one map.

any suggestions???

Thanks. Regards.

Carlos Enriquez
Systems Analyst