ovtopmdmessage

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: ovtopmdmessage
From: pweischer@mmm.com
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 08:10:06 +0200

Hello all,
we are running NetView NT 6.02 on Windows NT4 SP6a.
I created a script, which backs up all the NetView databases to have them
available in cases of problems.
Here it is:

@echo off
rem Script to fix and backup NetView databases

set NVBINDIR=%NV_DRIVE%\usr\ov\bin
set NVDBDIR=%NV_DRIVE%\usr\ov\databases

rem Stop TEC adapter to suppress sending error messages to the TEC server
%NVBINDIR%\ovstop tecad_nv6k

rem Stop netmon deamon and fix the topology database
%NVBINDIR%\ovstop netmon
%NVBINDIR%\ovtopofix -a

rem Stop ovtopmd deamon and compress topology database
%NVBINDIR%\ovstop ovtopmd
%NVBINDIR%\ovtopofix -C

rem Check graphical user interface map reference counts and update incorrect
values
%NVBINDIR%\ovmapcount -u

rem Stop SNMPCollect deamon and kill all the SNMPCollect data collectors
%NVBINDIR%\ovstop snmpcollect
%NVBINDIR%\snmpcollect -K

rem Backup databases
xcopy /I/E/V %NVDBDIR% %NV_DRIVE%\usr\ov\backup_databases

rem Restart all NetView deamons
%NVBINDIR%\ovstart

The script works fine, except the command 'ovtopofix -C' which produces the
following output:
Invalid switch - "usr".
Invalid switch - "usr".
Invalid switch - "usr".
Invalid switch - "usr".
Invalid switch - "usr".
Invalid switch - "usr".
Invalid switch - "usr".
Invalid switch - "usr".

What does that mean? Is that an error message?

Thank you in advance

Best regards

Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Peter Weischer