Re: Select failed; error code 9

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Select failed; error code 9
From: "Oliver Bruchhaeuser" <oliver.bruchhaeuser@de.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 08:34:10 +0200
Hi,

this is a known problem in NetView 6.0.2 -> IY15764
It normally only happens if you start the mibbrowser from a host in a
smartset.
You should contact support to get an efix.

Kind regards
Oliver Bruchhaeuser

                    "Luz Marina Parra

                    M."                     To:     "IBM NetView Discussion"
<nv-l@tkg.com>
                    <lmparra@visionte       cc:

                    ch.com.co>              Subject:     [NV-L] Select failed;
error code 9
                    Sent by:

                    owner-nv-l@tkg.co

                    13.09.2001 00:32

                    Please respond to

                    IBM NetView

                    Discussion

Hi All:
I've the following problem:
When I try to read  out a SNMP device by the MIB browser, sometimes there
is the warning output  in the nv6000.log and the aixterm (tee nv6000.log):

Warning: Select failed; error code 9
Warning:  Select failed; error code 9
Warning: Select failed; error code

I cannot stop this output.
I cannot close the  MIB browser window normaly.
When I close the NetView GUI the output doesn't  stop.

Our installation:
AIX 4.3.3
NetView 6.0.2

I read information about this problem in the list  but I did not find the
solution of this problem.
Could someone tell me the solution?

Thanks in advance,

Luz Marina Parra