Re: Solaris-8 Question

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Solaris-8 Question
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 10:24:19 +0100
I would echo Scott's comments about changing the various related files
controlling the SEA - I have never had a satisfactory, repeatable
outcome.  I am hoping to do some work this week to try replacing at
least the mibiisa piece with the UCD agent and see if NetView will fly
with that.

If you are trying to monitor a Solaris box that doesn't have NetView /
MLM, I would strongly recommend getting rid of SEA entirely and using
UCD (though I haven't tried this yet on Solaris 8).  The UCD agent is
simple, a single agent, that supports not only mib-2 stuff but also can
be customised to give you system info.  Get it from
  http://net-snmp.sourceforge.net

Cheers,
Jane
--
Tivoli Certified Enterprise Consultant & Instructor
Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565