RE: Refreshing the map ?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Refreshing the map ?
From: "James Shanks" <SHANKS@us.tivoli.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 09:42:09 -0400
Refreshing the map is a GUI operation which can only be done on the box
where the map is located.  It is an internal ovw function.  There is no
command line mechanism to do it. If there were, then the person using this
map would just see it suddenly  go away.   But suppose they were in the
middle of drilling down in it or doing some other operation, and had it
suddenly go away?  Thus it is under the control of the actual operator
using the map.   You can log in and kill the ovw process but you cannot
force a refresh except from the GUI. This is one of the trade-offs with
using read-only copies of the same map.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support
Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT