RE: Netview PDU Packing Question

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Netview PDU Packing Question
From: "Allison, Jason (JALLISON)" <JALLISON@arinc.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 10:53:20 -0400
FWIW, my response is from an application program perspective.

How are you looking to perform this request?  With respect to the PDU as
declred in OVsnmpApi.h:
#define PDU_SIZE        (sizeof (OVsnmpPdu))

The PDU structure is only bounded by your memory contraints.  You could
declare a PDU with as many oids as you desire using 'OVsnmpVarBind
*variables'.

When you talk about 1500 bytes are you referring to ethernet packet size?
At the application layer multiple packets should have been re-assembled to
give you your entire request.

Hope this helps,

Jason Allison
Network Engineer