RE: Data collection/thresholds, ruleset question, trap con tent

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Data collection/thresholds, ruleset question, trap con tent
From: "Davis, Donald" <donald.davis@firstcitizens.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 08:23:47 -0400
Todd,
If you set the rearm value <= the Threshold value it essentially eliminates
hysteresis.

You will get a trap every polling interval if the value is above the
threshold.
Use a ruleset with a "pass on match" set for 10 minutes, or even a "compare
mib variable" to
test if the value is still high after 10 minutes.

Don Davis