FR 3.6.2 Problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: FR 3.6.2 Problem
From: "OBeirne, Barbara" <Barbara.OBeirne@ssa.gov>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 16:57:58 -0400

        Hi, just received a new Risc 6000 server.  Pushed FW 3.6 from the
TMR successfully.
        Tried to then push FW 3.6.2 Maintenance Release and received some
sort of communication
        error; was told by support that a file packet was corrupt in my FW
3.6.2.

        I was installing FW 3.6 and 3.6.2 from our SIS repository...so
decided to remove managed
        node code from this system (using guidelines in PIG) and to retry.
Retrying by using
        a CD for the 3.6.2. Maintenance Release this time.  (Have not done
so as yet).

        My question is:  when you create a managed node, a dispatcher number
is assigned to that
        server.   By me removing the code via PIG guidelines, does that
dispatcher number also
        get removed?  Reason I'm asking is that I seem to remember once we
were removing managed
        node code from a Risc and the dispatcher number was still being
referenced somehow.
        Is there a location/command to make sure this server/my TMR database
has no knowledge of
        this old dispatcher number?

        Thanks.