Re: HSRP ?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: HSRP ?
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 00:40:11 -0400
You are getting the 'incorrect routing' message because Netview
has not yet figured out that the .3 address is an hsrp interface. It is
probably in the database somewhere as a regular node. Do this:
verify that the .3 address in in the seedfile with %, as hsrp. Then
also add the .3 address to the seedfile as if you were going to
force discovery of that address. Stop and start netmon. It will
quickly figure it out and add the .3 interface to the correct
router. Subsequent startups of netmon will not give that
'incorrect routing' message. Your loadhost fails because that
adds nodes, not interfaces.

Detroit

                    Clarence Hart

                    <rti1clh@ismd.       To:     nv-l@tkg.com

                    ups.com>             cc:

                    Sent by:             Subject:     [NV-L] HSRP ?

                    owner-nv-l@tkg

                    .com

                    10/09/01 12:32

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    to IBM NetView

                    Discussion

I have a quick question....

           I have two Cisco multilayered switches with HSRP enables (examp.
conf)

192.1.1.1 ------- MLS

                |------> 192.1.1.3   (HSRP - virtual IP)

192.1.1.2 ------- MLS

The nodes 192.1.1.1 and 192.1.1.2    has been discovered by Netview
but when I try to add the 192.1.1.3 with the "loadhosts " command it
is added to the map for about 1 minute then deleted automatically.

Question:
           Is this because I have the IP adddress listed as an HSRP IP
           in the discovery-seed file?

           Should I list 192.1.1.1 and 192.1.1.2  as HSRP devices in the
           discovery-seed file?

I only added it to the discovery-seed file as an HSRP device because I was
getting  " 58982408 - Incorrect_Routing_to_Node_"  traps from Netview.

Clarence Hart
UPS
Office: 410-560-4182
Fax:    410-560-4329