Re: Re: object intermitently deleted

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Re: object intermitently deleted
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 11:03:09 -0400
Why was it taken out? Probably lack of input from users.... or too much
input from a particular user. Seriously, it appears to me that development
is making great efforts to accomodate customers' deliberate use of
duplicate IP addresses.  With so much of that going on, it is pretty hard
to tell whether a duplicate is intentional or not. Probably the right thing
is for it to generate the events, then make them Log Only.  Can't please
all of the people all of the time, but you can probably annoy most of
the people most of the time.....

Detroit

                    "Vidal, Chaz"

                    <chaz.vidal@ed       To:     "'nv-l@tkg.com'"
<nv-l@tkg.com>
                    s.com>               cc:

                    Sent by:             Subject:     [NV-L] Re: object
intermitently
                    owner-nv-l@tkg        deleted

                    .com

                    10/10/01 11:44

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    to IBM NetView

                    Discussion

Thanks for the advice, Leslie.

I'll keep dig deeper the next time it happens. So far, it hasnt been
deleted
again but I've changed the interface traps to include the variable you
mentioned.  I am also surprised they took out the duplicate IP traps. Was
there any particular reason why they did this in the first place?

At any rate, thanks again.

Chaz Vidal
EDS Australia