object intermitently deleted

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: object intermitently deleted
From: "Vidal, Chaz" <chaz.vidal@eds.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 15:09:06 +1000
Hi All,

I am on Netview 6.02 on Solaris 2.7.

We are monitoring a customer's network and I have a problem with a
particular Cisco 6509 router.  Occasionally, it get's deleted from the
Netview database.  It doesnt happen regularly so I cant pinpoint a specfic
time or circumstance. There are no traps to indicate that a duplicate
address has been found so Im pretty sure it isnt it.  The only thing I
noticed was that there were a lot of authentication traps coming from
another router with a serial link to the 6509 before it was deleted. Also,
netmon dies after the object get's deleted but this doesnt happen all the
time.

I would like to troubleshoot this behavior and would like to know under what
circumstances Netview deletes objects. Aside from finding duplicate
addresses, why would Netview delete the node?

Searching through the archives indicated that turbo database should be used.
I have run it before but Im not sure if I should run it again.

Thanks for any advise,