Re: Delta Calculation Issue?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Delta Calculation Issue?
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 00:12:33 -0400
I dug into this deeply on NT last year, and failed to find a way to do it.
On Unix we have the ability to modify those mibs that are defined as
Integer but behave like Counters, using the mib.coerce file. This is
not available on NT. If the snmp agent on the device calls it an Integer,
you are stuck with integer handling.

I wonder if you might be able to accomplish something with a mib
expression. Maybe the data types don't hold as much sway there.
Maybe something as simple as your variable X 1.

Detroit

                    "Paul Maine

                    Jr."                 To:     "Netview List (E-mail)"
<nv-l@tkg.com>
                    <paulm@msicc.c       cc:

                    om>                  Subject:     [NV-L] Delta Calculation
Issue?
                    Sent by:

                    owner-nv-l@tkg

                    .com

                    10/18/01 05:24

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    to IBM NetView

                    Discussion

I am running Netview 6.01 for NT. I wish to collect and save the difference
between samples. The MIB object that I was initially using had a data type
of integer. I modified the data type in the MIB for this object to a data
type of Counter. I successfully loaded the MIB into Netview. When I look at
the Netview properties for this object it displays a data type of counter.
When I look at the data that is being saved, it does not show the
difference
value - it shows the integer value. How can I solve this issue?

Thank You

Paul