Re: sending trap as TEC event w/o using ruleset--example?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: sending trap as TEC event w/o using ruleset--example?
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 09:11:11 +0100
Todd,
One other thought on this you may or may not like.  Although I have
never seen any documentation on it, you can edit your tecint.conf TEC
adapter file and add standard TEC filter stanzas.  This is entirely
outside the remit of NetView and NetView rulesets but if there was a
(TEC) class of event that you wanted to filter out, you should be able
to add it to tecint.conf.  You might look at creating new TEC classes to
suit your networking events and that might enhance this TEC-filtering
idea.

Be very careful if you change the config of tecint.conf via the GUI as
it doesn't take any backups - just blats what is already there.  I guess
James is the guy to comment on whether this is officially supported or
not, though I can't see why it shouldn't be.

Cheers,
Jane

--
Tivoli Certified Enterprise Consultant & Instructor
Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565