Re: Ruleset Question

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Ruleset Question
From: "James Shanks" <SHANKS@us.tivoli.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 11:47:56 -0400
The short answer to your question is that the Node Up events are not
forwarded to TEC because they are set to BLOCK by the initial event stream
node and that is never changed to PASS later.  The Node Down events which
come out of your Reset-On-Match have their BLOCK attribute changed to PASS
by the Forward node.  But your Node Up events are not connected to the
Forward.

The Input 2 node in a Reset-On-match node is just used as a template to
determine whether the event held in the Reset-On-Match  events cache
should be passed on to the next ruleset node or not.  The Input 2 event is
discarded unless you explicitly do something with it.  If you want all
your Node Up events to go to TEC, along with the Node Downs that come out
of the Reset, then you will have to draw the connection between the Node
Ups and the Forward.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support
Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software
IBM Software Group
Please note that my new id is jshanks@us.ibm.com

Michel.Grossenbacher@coop.ch
Sent by: owner-nv-l@tkg.com
10/19/2001 09:18 AM
Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion