Upgraded

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Upgraded
From: Judy Stobby <jstobby@co.el-dorado.ca.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 11:24:01 -0700
Hi,

I have upgrade my netview server to aix 4.3.3 from 4.2.1, and at the
same time change to ethernet from token ring.  The ethernet part is
working correctly.  The hostname did not change, just the ip address.  I
have followed instructions both from Tivoli and a note from Leslie Clark
on how to change the ip address.  This seems to be working fine.
Hostname reports the correct hostname.  The server is now plugged in
directly to the backbone, the ethernet blade on the 8265

The problems seem to be with netview itself.  My ov commands are not
found unless I add the path in front of the command /usr/OV/ovstart.  I
also have to source the tivoli environment every time to run the tivoli
desktop.  Netview will start from the command line.
Netview is constantly reading/writing and synchronizing; events are
constant.  First it appears it will discover a node and check the
interfaces, report ok.  Then within seconds,  reports that the
interfaces are down.  Then on the next polling interval, will do the
same all over again. I know there must be a setting I need to change,
I've looked at the polling settings, nothing has change from when the
server was running on token ring.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what I need to change or configure?