Netview 7.1 Hotbackup

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Netview 7.1 Hotbackup
From: "Ed Boos" <edboos@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 16:31:15 -0500
Does the "hotbackup" process on Netview 7.1 create a tar file that can be
restored using "tar" or should it be restored using "pax" like previous
database backups?

The Release Notes say to use "tar" to restore the file, but I'm wondering
if that's not a typo.

Ed Boos

             IBM eServer iSeries 400
          Large Network Environment