Netview Questions

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Netview Questions
From: "Richard Bleistein" <rjbleist@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 10:17:51 -0500
Goodmorning;

      I have an existing Netview 6.0.0  configuration  running on AIX
4.3.3.

We have recievied a new  IBM 6400 ethernet attached printer and have set
it up to print and Netview will see the printer and I can get events on
power-on
and power-off conditions.  My problem is getting an ICON on the netview
screen
to represent the device.   One of my co-workers reconfigured the map using
"serversetup" and blewaway other maps and communities we had created.
(Obviously, he did not know about this thing known as a backup, OH!  WELL!)

Anyway, I'm sure there is a way to create an object on an existing map to
represent
new devices.  Creating the new map did create the object, but we lost more
than
we gained.   CAN YOU HELP!

Second,  I want to expand the monitoring of the printer to use SNMP MIBs
and don't
know where I can go to obtain the MIBs for this printer type.  ANY
Suggestions?

Thanking you in advance

Richard Bleistein
609-485-4343