Re: MIB Browser and Loader for NV 7.1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: MIB Browser and Loader for NV 7.1
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 11:47:01 -0500
Take another, closer look.

First, the old X-Windows SNMP V1/V2 loader and browser, xnmloadmib2 and
xnmbrowser2, are there in /usr/OV/bin .  They just aren't on the X-Windows
menu any more because they are no longer being enhanced, but if you feel
you must use them for some reason, have at it.  You just have to invoke
them from the command line.

Second the new SNMP V1/V2 Java MIB browser is part of the web client.  You
can bring up the web client to use it, or you can invoke it from the
command line.  This latter part may not be obvious but I thought it was in
the Release Notes.  Type  mibbrowser.sh  to start it outside of the web
client.
Incidentally, you can start the Java MIB loader with mibloader.sh (for
command -line only functions including the new mib2trap) or mibloaderpanel
to get the Java  GUI.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Dejan Mijailovic" <dejanm@webhosting.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@tkg.com
11/09/2001 12:10 PM
Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion