Re: Object Test Options

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Object Test Options
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 16:55:35 -0500
Santosh, can you clarify first what you mean by Customized Map? Do
you mean a second map, different from the default map that is originally
created, or do you mean a submap? When you add a Location Icon to
the IP Internet submap of the default map, it creates a new submap, but
you are still working within one map called 'default'.

I ask this because there are administrative issues when dealing with
multiple maps. In order to delete and rediscover a node, it is necessary
to first delete it (Edit..Delete Object...from All Submaps) from all maps.
That means you startup netview with the default map, then you switch
to the other map with 'File...Open Map' - or do a File..Exit and startup
with a different map - eg 'netview -map MyMap2'.

Now, assuming you mean that you have cut and pasted a router into
a customized location submap within the default map, and only have
one map, there can sometimes be strange problems. I just spent
a couple of days cleaning out some of those things. But I don't want to
get into a confusing explanation of those things if that is not your
problem.

So ask again if you need more help....

Detroit

                    z_esm_karekars

                    <z_esm_karekars@bharatpetr       To:     "'nv-l@tkg.com'"
<nv-l@tkg.com>
                    oleum.com>                       cc:

                    Sent by:                         Subject:     [NV-L] Object
Test Options
                    owner-nv-l@tkg.com

                    11/08/01 07:29 AM

                    Please respond to IBM

                    NetView Discussion

Hello,

I had NetView 6.0.2 on AIX

I had one of the Router Discovered through NetView which I had cut and
pasted in different Customized maps. Few days some Network configurations
are made, and after thtat I faced a problem that on this Router Object test
options does not get highlited.

As I had done lots of customization work I tried to delete the Router
Object from the Default Map and rediscovered it. But after rediscovery it
had got the Object selection name with some numerics.

After this I can get the test options on Default Submap but I am still not
able to get the test options enabled on customized maps. I tried to change
the Selection name in customized submaps but it does not allow.

Can anybody help me ASAP to restore the things.

Regards,
Santosh