How to tell NetView not to discovered/display subnets associated with ro

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: How to tell NetView not to discovered/display subnets associated with routers in seedfile
From: donald.turrentine@amsouth.com
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 16:54:24 -0600
NV 7.1, AIX 4.3.3

Is there anyway to tell NetView (ipmap, netmon ?) not to discover and/or
display unmanaged networks? I am using a seedfile to discover a list of
routers in my network.  I do not wish to see anything beyond these routers,
I do care about all the interfaces on the router but not the subnets
themselves.  Netmon is disovering based upon the seedfile properly.  I know
I can put in the !subnet number in the seedfile but we are talking about
1000+ subnets.  I tried doing a find for unmanaged objects and then
selecting these and deleting from all submaps.  When I demand poll a router
it rediscovers all these subnets and draws them on the map again.

-Don