Different symbol for the same type of interface

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Different symbol for the same type of interface
From: anand anupam <ananda@bharatpetroleum.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 18:34:35 +0530
Hi All,
I am having NetView 6.0.2 on AIX 4.3.3.
The interface symbol on different routers are not uniform. I mean, NetView
has assigned different interface symbol on different routers for the same
type of interfaces .........

My worry is why NetView does not have uniformity for this and what is  a way
out?

I am planning to make it uniform through /usr/OV/conf/C/oid_to_sym . Is it
OK?

Thanks in advance.

Regds..............Anupam