RE: the colors

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: the colors
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 16:59:04 -0500
And the default is.... RFI on.  You had if off before, and the reinstall
reset it
apparently.  Turning it off can leave some traces behind. If you are  at
a good point to rediscover, I would. Otherwise, at least umnanage and
re-manage anything that is white.

Detroit

                    "Barr, Scott"

                    <Scott_Barr@csgsy       To:     "'IBM NetView Discussion'"
<nv-l@tkg.com>
                    stems.com>              cc:

                    Sent by:                Subject:     RE: [NV-L] the colors

                    owner-nv-l@tkg.co

                    11/15/01 01:19 PM

                    Please respond to

                    IBM NetView

                    Discussion

If NETMON is started with a -k parameter then the "RFI" (router fault
isolation) function is turned on. When RFI is turned on, devcies / networks
downstream from an outage will show as white (unreachable). You can turn
RFI
off with the -k parm (I forget if it is -k 0 or -k 1).