Acknowledging

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Acknowledging
From: "Allison, Jason (JALLISON)" <JALLISON@arinc.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:33:40 -0500
AIX 4.3.3 - Netview 5.1.3

We are now instructing our operators to acknowledge container symbols when
there is a failure that is known.  This works fine when we have one instance
of 'netview' running.  Acknowledging works as expected.  We have come across
some problems when bringing up another instance of 'netview' (TME10 GUI).
The background is we have a second AIX box that will remotely shell into the
first box already running an instance of 'netview'.  We will bring up this
second instance of TME10 as a read-only map, which has worked fine for some
time.  Our problem is that the second instance of the map does not seems to
synchronize the currently acknowledged containers, nor if I acknowledge a
container while both are up do they then sync.

My question(s) are:

- Is this 'as designed'?

- If so, why?  Pros/Cons.  Why is this desirable?

- Can both maps be synced up?

- What are my options?

Hopefully I am not missing any information,
Thanks for your time,