Re: How to activate location.conf after an update

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: How to activate location.conf after an update
From: "Jesus Corral Arroyo" <jesus_corral_arroyo@es.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 15:44:30 +0100
hello, Hasan.
You have to write two entries in your location.conf file, one for each
network. So you should write:

Atlanta     10.129.10.1       City       Root
Atlanta     10.135.101.35     City       Root

What I am not sure is if NetView will like Root as a parent location, just
keep us informed about that.

Regards.

                    Siraj Hasan

                    <srjhsn@yahoo.       To:     nv-l@tkg.com

                    com>                 cc:

                    Sent by:             Subject:     [NV-L] How to activate
location.conf after
                    owner-nv-l@tkg        an update

                    .com

                    28/11/01 21:22

                    Please respond

                    to IBM NetView

                    Discussion

Hi All,

I am running NetView 7.1 over AIX 4.3.3 and TMF3.7.1.
I want to create objects/ SubMaps for different sites
and Cities. I wish that the devices should appear
under these Sites and Cities by double clicking. I
believe I can use location.conf. I have modified my
location.conf file by following the syntax.

<optional parent name>

My location.conf file has several entries us under:

Atlanta     10.129.10.1      10.135.101.35   City
Root

Even after putting this file my maps do not have these
sites and cities. I have stopped and start all the
daemons and even rebooted my machine. But these
locations are not appearing.

There is not step mentioned in the Release notes about
how to make use of "location.conf". Are there some
further step to do?

I appreciate your answers in this regard.

Sincerely,
Siraj
(919) 434 6186