NT/2K MIB queries

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NT/2K MIB queries
From: "Davis, Donald" <donald.davis@firstcitizens.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 13:41:06 -0500

The Agent of the NT machine, by default, responds to MIB-2 and LanManager
MIB queries only (lan connectivity info).
The OID for LanManager is 1.3.6.1.4.1.77   NOT 1.3.6.1.4.1.311 as you might
expect.
You can load the LMMIB2.MIB file. I believe it is on the Resources Kit CD.
If you want more, like system information you need to extend the capability
of the agent on the NT/2K platform. That is what the Microsoft mib files
define. I think the additional agent capability is also on the Resource Kit
CD.

Don Davis