Re: nvUtil help

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: nvUtil help
From: "Stephen Hochstetler" <shochste@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 15:08:52 -0600
Ray,

The only thing I would change is the order of your checking.  For
performance reasons, it is best to take things that narrow down the list of
objects the most first.   Take the same logic and change to:   1) isNode
2) Marginal/Critical  3) OIDS.   I would guess that the command in this
order should run much quicker then the order in which you have it.   At
least it would take a whole lot less ovwdb hits.

This way it would find all nodes, then within that list find all
Marginal/Critical, then within that list, check the OIDS.

Kind regards,
Stephen Hochstetler              shochste@us.ibm.com
International Technical Support Organization  - Austin
Office - 512-436-8564                      FAX - 512-436-8701