Netview Database component missing

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Netview Database component missing
From: "Chan, Jack" <jack.chan@nz.unisys.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 08:55:18 +1100
Hi List,

I have recently installed NV 6.0 on FW 3.7.1, I have installed the Netview
database as well. I am having the some problems:

In serversetup, under configure manual, I do not have an option
"list/configure relational database". I have installed the Netview database,
I can see all the Netview database commands. wlsinst -ah shows Netview
server and database are all installed properly.

Has anyone seen this happened? What are my options from here?

1. Should I just copy the dbconf.dat file across from one Netview machine to
another? And stop and start NV?
2. Will installing 6.02 solve this problem? I am going to install it later,
but I doubt this will solve the database problem because it is related to
the upgrade.

Note: I had some troubles installed NV on 3.7.1 before, I ended up installed
the NV server using SIS and the database component using Tivoli desktop
install. Both worked fine.

Thanks in advance,