RE: Netview Database component missing

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Netview Database component missing
From: "Stephen Hochstetler" <shochste@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 14:47:15 -0600
Jack,

It sounds like the framework patch was not installed on that TMR and
managed node to create the NetView "managed resource" object.

Kind regards,
Stephen Hochstetler              shochste@us.ibm.com
International Technical Support Organization  - Austin
Office - 512-436-8564                      FAX - 512-436-8701

ITSO redbooks at  http://www.redbooks.ibm.com

                    "Chan, Jack"

                    <jack.chan@nz.u       To:     "'IBM NetView Discussion'"
<nv-l@tkg.com>
                    nisys.com>            cc:

                    Sent by:              Subject:     RE: [NV-L] Netview
Database component
                    owner-nv-l@tkg.        missing

                    com

                    12/04/2001

                    02:21 PM

                    Please respond

                    to IBM NetView

                    Discussion

Thank you for your reply Jane.

I am running NV on Solaris 8. And the fresh install did not create an icon
for me in the desktop. I got the make icon script and had a go, but the
script was complaining about Netview is not a managed resource.

I have done upgrade from 5.x to 6.02 before and the database setup options
in serversetup remains.

So I guess I might try to re-apply the database patch or just copy the
dbconf.dat across and have a look.

Thanks again,

Jack.