RE: nvpagerd and Sprint PCS phones....

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: nvpagerd and Sprint PCS phones....
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 11:44:46 -0600
Okay two things:

1. You must make sure you have the correct modem phone number to dial AND

2. Sprint must provide you with the "DTMF phone number". In my case, we use
weblink wireless, and it turns out they use a 10 digit number and I had to
change the nv.carriers file to allow the 10 digits. I think since you are
talking about a cell phone (with pager I assume) it may just be the phone
number (as is the case with the weblink two way pagers we use)

I don't have any direct knowledge about the Sprint phones, but Sprint should
be able to tell you what do use for the DTMF phone number should be (think
of this as the "pager ID" from the message below.