Re: nvpagerd and Sprint PCS phones ....

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: nvpagerd and Sprint PCS phones ....
From: "Westphal, Raymond" <RWestphal@erac.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 13:01:42 -0600
Thanks to everyone for the valuable suggestions.

We discovered the problem. It is apparently necessary to have subscribed to
the Wireless Web service. We found one of 4 phones that did work. We're now
going to compare the services for each number.

The reason we chose the nvpager option over the email is because the modems
are relatively reliable. We are also paging from an Internet monitoring
NetView. If the firewalls or ISP have problems - email may be seriously
delayed or lost. The modems don't require the LAN to stable and the T3 to
the Internet to be up.

Thanks again for the timely replies.

Ray Westphal
Enterprise Rent-A-Car