RE: Discovery of private networks

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Discovery of private networks
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 09:19:43 -0600
Oh lord, tell your network engineers that overlapping/duplicate private
address spaces should be done only when there is no other option. The
private address ranges of 10-dot-anything should allow them to build huge
private networks with no need to overlap. You are correct on all counts in
your post. Chaos will ensue.