Change layout for locations created by location.conf

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Change layout for locations created by location.conf
From: Helder Garcia <helder@vanguard-it.com.br>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 00:51:28 -0200
Hi,

I am using location.conf without problem. But I´d like to some locations be
created in row/column layout. It always create my locations (Site and Site2) in
PointToPoint layout.
For example,
Main_Net   0    Site
City_A      0    Site2   Main_Net
Office_01  x.y.z  Room   City_A
Office_02  x.y.k  Room   City_A

I´d like the City_A submap presents the Room objects in a row/column format.
I have a lot of Room locations in this level and the PointToPoint view give a
big circle with very small icons.

I tried to change the /usr/OV/symbols/C/Location with a DefaultLayout set to
rowcolumn in the Site2 subclass. After I made a netview -config and create a
new map. No success. Am I missing something or this is not possible at all?
The workaround was create a SmartSet with the Locations. But I need web
consoles with the scope of only this Locations. I think I cannot use Smartsets
in web consoles.

The enviroment is AIX 4.3.3 and Netview 7.1

Thanks in advance for your help,
--
Helder Luiz Garcia
Engenheiro de Sistemas