Re: Netview 7.1 Training/Advance Netview Training

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview 7.1 Training/Advance Netview Training
From: "CATALINA MARTINEZ" <CATALINA.MARTINEZ@tlc.state.tx.us>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 12:25:02 -0600
I am interested in attending a NV7 or a "Senior Administrator". I attended the
6.0 for Unix for administrators (April 2001), this is not the same as Senior
Administrator, right? I was disappointed in this class. This course did not
cover rulesets, smartsets or security. We were told to refer to the 5.0
Implementors Student Guide.

Thankfully, the person I replaced attended the 5.0 class (Summer 2000) and left
the student manuals. Now that I have more experience with Netview, I know what
questions to ask.

Besides the objectives listed, is it possible to add "Intergrating CiscoWorks"
or MRTG..I am in the dark in those areas..I am interested in knowing how to get
Netview work with other applications.

Thanks.
Catalina

>>> jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk 01/08/02 11:27AM >>>
Catalina,
I asked the same question of Tivoli education re NV7 training, last week - no
response yet.
Re the Advanced NetView class, I am the developer of the "Tivoli NetView for
Unix for Senior Administrators" - it ran at least twice in Europe last year but
I'm not sure whether anyone else has taught it and I am not aware of it on
anyone's course schedules for this year.  I guess the obvious question would be
"How many takers??"  I will append the course outline - perhaps anyone
interested would respond here and I will try and take it forward if Tivoli
don't pick it up directly.
Cheers, Jane
CATALINA MARTINEZ wrote:
Does any one know the status of Netview 7.1 training for Administrators? There
was also previous discussion on an Advance Netview training. Does anyone know
the status on these two trainings? Is it in the near future???

 Tivoli NetView for Unix for Senior Administrators - 5 days
Objectives
The objectives of the class are to provide a wide perspective
on the more advanced features of Tivoli NetView.  This class
ONLY utilizes NetView and the software that comes with
NetView (Framework & Mid Level Managers) - there
is deliberately no requirement to have any
chargeable add-on programs, though some
freely-available utilities may be discussed.
Topics covered include:
- NetView Database and Process Architecture
- Extending the NetView Object database and reporting on it
- Making the NetView discovery seedfile work for you
- NetView Event Architecture and imaginative event customization
- Using the NetView Correlation Engine and Ruleset Editor
- NetView menu customization - ARFs and WARFs
- All about MIBs - SNMP V2 MIBs, building MIB applications, ...
- Using NetView with a Relational Database
- Deploying NetView Mid Level Manager (MLM)
- Integrating NetView with Tivoli Framework
- Network management in a firewalled environment
- Hints & Tips from the Industry
Participants in the class should already have several months
day-to-day practical experience with NetView as a NetView
administrator as well as shellscripting skills. This
class  introduces  more advanced topics and provides
hands-on practical demonstrations of using these
features in real-world combinations.
Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2002 Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>.  All rights
reserved.