[nv-l] Snmpcollect

To: "'nv-l@lists.tivoli.com'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Snmpcollect
From: Pablo Andrés Villegas Florez <pavillegas@epsa.com.co>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 10:26:27 -0500
Hi all,

I have Netview 6,02 and W2k

When the netview collect mib data the CPU of the netview server (Pentium III
900 Mhz 1.5 Gb RAM 18 GB HD) has an utilization of 100% in the task Manager
the process on the top utilization of the CPU is snmpcollect.exe , I only
collect 3 Mibs varibles of 5
diferent nodes.

I check the nv.log and found the following error:

[snmpodump] (purgeSnmpData) Error during snmpodump purge, deleting 01/16/02
18:45:37 [snmpodump]
1. [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Could not update; currently
locked by user 'admin' on machine 'HELIOS'. [SQLState: S1000]

I dont know if this error have a relation with de CPU Utilization of the
snmpcollect.exe process becuase I have a process that every day run the
"snmpodump -x0" command, and on the error of nv.log is apparently related
with snmpodump.

Does anyone help me with the snmpcollect problem and its CPU Utilization ?

Thanks

Pablo