[nv-l] RE: Netview AIX connecting to Netview OS/390

To: "'nv-l@lists.tivoli.com'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] RE: Netview AIX connecting to Netview OS/390
From: REIBENSCHUH Alfred <alfred.reibenschuh@it-austria.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 14:43:14 +0100
 hi!

 > Question:  1) Can any recommend what products should now be
 > used to connect
 > NV/AIX to NV/OS390 to allow us to continue forwarding only
 > certain traps
 > using IP only.
 > 2)  If so how do we go about configuring both systems.
 > Currently for the
 > traps of interest to us, we use a service point command
 > "sendopr" in the
 > optional automatic action field within the event configuration.
 >
 > Note:  We are trying to accomplish all of this using only a tcp/ip
 > connection from NV/AIX to NV/OS390.

 since you already got Netview on both sides, i'd recommend
 sending snmptraps from AIX to 390 which is even gratis since
 recent versions of NV/390 can receive snmptraps

 for a little more money you could use MQSeries ....

 yours,

 mfG. Alfred Reibenschuh
 INFORMATIONSTECHNOLOGIE AUSTRIA GMBH
 Hypovereinsbank Competence Center