Re: [nv-l] XNMSNMPCONF

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] XNMSNMPCONF
From: "Oliver Bruchhaeuser" <oliver.bruchhaeuser@de.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:01:23 +0100
take a look at netmon's man page:

----------------
  -h   Specify this option to use alternate community strings during all
       polls.

  When the default name public fails, netmon will automatically try the
com-
  munity strings defined in the /usr/OV/conf/communityNames.conf file under
  the following circumstances:

         + Initial discovery for all nodes

         + Configuration polling and New Node Discovery polling of routers
         only

         + Demand polling for any node

  When a string is found that works, it will be stored for future use in
the
  ovsnmp.conf database.

  This option should be used judiciously because it will slow down polling
  noticeably due to timeouts for non-SNMP nodes. Ideally, you would want to
  use this option when a large number of community strings have been
changed.
  It is intended to be used during a full configuration cycle (which is
usu-
  ally 24 hours), and then turned off again.
----------------

Kind regards

Oliver Bruchhaeuser
Tivoli NetView EMEA L2 Support

IBM Deutschland GmbH - ITS Tivoli - Dept. 7977 - Hechtsheimer Str. 2 -
55131 Mainz - Germany
Phone: +49-6131-84-5108 - Fax: +49-6131-84-6585 - email:
bruchhae@de.ibm.com

Need help with Tivoli Software Products?
Ask Tivoli!
http://www.tivoli.com/asktivoli (login with your customer account)

                    reamd@Nationwi

                    de.com               To:     nv-l@lists.tivoli.com

                                         cc:

                    29.01.2002           Subject:     [nv-l] XNMSNMPCONF

                    16:44

Hi All,
         We are currently changing all the snmp community names in our
network devices. How do I remove all the old names in netview and force
netview to learn the new ones. I currently have the new names in the
communityName.conf file.

Thanks in advance

6.02
AIX 4.3.3