[nv-l] Closing submap via Navigation Tree

To: NetView Discussion <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Closing submap via Navigation Tree
From: Robin James <robin.james@thalesatm.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:48:59 +0000
Consider the following steps:

1. Start Netview. You get a window with the default map.

2. Create a map snapshot at the root map.

3. Open the map snapshot. So you now have two map windows, one being the
read-write default map and the other being a snapshot.

4. In the Navigation Tree window, right click on the rootmap symbol of
the default map and select Close Submap, Descendants and Windows. The
default read-write map window is closed and only the snapshot window
remains.

5. Try to perform a Map Open command to open the default map again.
Netview objects because it thinks the map is already open even though it
is a snapshot.

The only way to get the read-write default map back is to exit Netview
and start it again.

I was surprised that I could not open the read-write default map again
without stopping and starting Netview.

Is this considered to be the correct behaviour?
Is there a way to open the read-write default map which I have not
found?

--
Robin
email: robin.james@thalesatm.com