[nv-l] Display and Closeof Submaps

To: "'nv-l@lists.tivoli.com'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Display and Closeof Submaps
From: "Allison, Jason (JALLISON)" <JALLISON@arinc.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 07:14:19 -0500

I have written an application to display and close a submap that I manage
with another application.  This applications only jobs are to call
OVwDisplaySubmap and OVwCloseSupmap (if exists, which it always does) that
has a pulldown registered to it so the operator may 'Hide' and 'Display'.  I
am noticing some undesireable behavior.  I will try to outline it is best as
possible (for this outline, Display is OVwDisplaySubmap and Close is
OVwCloseSubmap, Minimize is the minimize button from the window manager):

- Normal operations, Display, Close, work fine.  Display will bring the map
to front, and Close will remove the window from the desktop.
- Minimize the submap (submap icon is on desktop), Display the submap, works
fine.
- Minimize the submap (icon on desktop), Close submap (icon still on
desktop), Display submap, works fine.
- Minimize the Submap (icon on desktop), Close submap (icon still on
desktop), double click on icon to bring to front...Submap comes up, but the
window manager is frozen, or the submap is frozen, it doesnt display
correctly.  At this point I can try two different things:

1.  Close Submap - The close routine returns an error that the subamp is
already closed.
2.  Display Submap - The routine opens a new window as if submap is closed
and not on the desktop.  Everything works fine except that first frozen
window is still there, but not responding.
-- Double-clicking on the window manager 'close window' will stop netview,
though I do not get the 'may take 2 minutes' window, it just shuts down.

AIX 4.3.3
Netview 5.1.3

Thanks for your time,

Jason Allison