[nv-l] back-annotate TEC info to netview?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] back-annotate TEC info to netview?
From: netview@toddh.net (Todd H.)
Date: 15 Feb 2002 13:43:29 -0600
I don't have a lot of experience with the NetView map, and nearly no
operational experience with TEC, so pardon the elementary question.

For the sake of argument, say device foo starts a chain of events by
Netview declaring it as a node down.

In our environment, Netview correlates link downs and node downs to
only send a node down.  It then generates a TEC events that get
passed.  TEC passes this info to a ticketing system.  The ticketing
system back-annotates the TEC event with the ticket number, allowing
TEC operators to see that a ticket has been cut for the event.

Now...is there anything built into TEC and NetView that would allow
TEC to pass this ticket info back to NetView?  What I'm envisioning is
if an operator sees something red on a map and clicks it, is is
possible for them to see the ticket number associated with that
device's down condition.

If not built in, what's involved?    TIA for any advice!

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/