RE: [nv-l] NV-NT snmpcollect instances ranges

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] NV-NT snmpcollect instances ranges
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 12:07:15 -0500
Thanks, Colin. I believe the requirement in this case was to get
instances 1 thru 5 but not 11,15, etc. The original requestor
did not complain, so I assume it worked.

                    Colin Mulkerrins

                    <Colin.Mulkerrins@       To:     Leslie
Clark/Southfield/IBM@IBMUS
                    anpost.ie>               cc:

                                             Subject:     RE: [nv-l] NV-NT
snmpcollect
                    02/18/02 11:51 AM         instances ranges

Is this it?

That 'regular expression' is getting anything with a 1 thru 5 in it.
Try   ^[1-5]$
That puts a 'starts with' and 'ends with' restriction on it, and
the braces restrict it to a single character. If you need more
that  one character you have to put in braces for each position.
It gets complicated, but it works.