Re: [nv-l] [MLM] Network Interface Status Table ???

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] [MLM] Network Interface Status Table ???
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 14:09:08 -0500
Well.... is the MLM on the same subnet as the internet gateway?
It automatically will round up those nodes it believes it might be
asked to take responsibility for. See the Smartsets that probably
got created. You can change the membership of that domain Smartset
in the usual way. I usually change it to include a few Smartsets
of just those nodes I intend to use it for - like maybe the one
made of all nodes running SIA?

I believe this polling has more to do with maintaining sessions
with nodes in that mlmdomain smartset than it does with
status polling.

(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager

                    "Davis, Donald"

                    <donald.davis@firstcit       To:     "IBM NetView
Discussion (E-mail)"
                    izens.com>                    <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>

                                                 cc:

                    01/30/02 11:28 AM            Subject:     [nv-l] [MLM]
Network Interface
                                                  Status Table ???

Aix 4.3.3
NetView 6.0.3
MLM 5.0.7
I have installed MLM, SIA and NetView on same the server.

I have a few questions about the behavior of the latest version of MLM....

1. What is the Network Interface Status Table?
2. How and Why did it configure itself to monitor my Internet gateway?
3. Why can't I delete the entries from the table?
4. Why doesn't its settings appear in smMlmCurrent.config
5. Why is it polling with the netmon option for MLM polling set to False.
6. How do I stop it?

That's enough questions for now......

Don
=======================
Donald Davis
First Citizens Bank
Systems Engineer Consultant
Enterprise Management
100 East Tryon Road
Mail Code: DAC 22
Raleigh, NC.  27603-3526
919-716-8448

This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
are intended solely for the use of individual or entity to whom they are
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible
for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised
that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error,
please immediately notify the sender by return mail.