Re: [nv-l] Collect data

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Collect data
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 14:19:12 -0500
That 'regular expression' is getting anything with a 1 thru 5 in it.
Try   ^[1-5]$
That puts a 'starts with' and 'ends with' restriction on it, and
the braces restrict it to a single character. If you need more
that  one character you have to put in braces for each position.
It gets complicated, but it works.

Detroit

                    Pablo Andrés

                    Villegas             To:     "'nv-l@lists.tivoli.com'"

                    Florez                <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>

                    <pavillegas@ep       cc:

                    sa.com.co>           Subject:     [nv-l] Collect data

                    01/31/02 03:22

                    PM

Hi,

Netview 6.02 and w2k

Anyone knows how I can collect a MIB data only of some instances of a node?
On the instance field I give the notation that the Netview Help provide,
that is: [1-5] (with this expresion it will collect the data of the
interfaces 1 through 5), but when I list the data with snmpodump it collect
the instances 1,11,21,31,5,15,25,35 that is all the interfaces that have 1
and 5 and not that I expect.

Anyone knows what I can do to collect the instances that I want ?

Thanks
Pablo A. Villegas

*NOTE*
help line at 1-800-TIVOLI8(848-6548)